Falkirk Rental FAQ > Fees and Licenses > Do we need a liquor license or permit to serve alcohol?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Private Events
For private events, we DO NOT require a liquor license for serving alcohol.

A private event means your event is not open to the public; nothing (alcohol or otherwise) is being sold; admission, including ticket sales, is not being charged.

Public Events and Non-Profits
For non-profit and public events, we DO require a liquor license be obtained. We can provide you with a letter for submission to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board based in Santa Rosa, CA.

For ALL events, we require event insurance which includes coverage of serving alcohol to guests when purchased through the City of San Rafael.


For ALL events serving alcohol, liability insurance is a requirement and includes the serving of both wine and spirits.