Falkirk Rental FAQ > Fees and Licenses > Is insurance required?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Liability insurance is required. You may provide your own proof of insurance or we can provide insurance for you. The insurance cost is based on number of guests, if alcohol is served, and if your group is a non-profit entity.  Liability insurance covers the serving of alcohol, both wine and spirits, for private events only.  For public and fundraising events, a liquor license in required.

If we provide insurance for you, it is at our cost - we are owned and operated by the City of San Rafael, so we do not mark-up our costs.

a)  All rentals are required to provide a Certificate of Insurance for liability for a minimum of $1,000,000.

b)  Certificate must include endorsements naming “Falkirk Cultural Center and City of San Rafael” as additional insured, and use the following address: Falkirk Cultural Center, 1408 Mission Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901.

c)   Rental insurance certificates must be received by the Community Services Department 45 days prior to the event.

d)  Organizations/Individuals that have insurance through a parent organization may issue one proof of insurance which names “Falkirk Cultural Center and City of San Rafael” as an additional insured for a full year for all the organization’s uses.

e)  Insurance is available for purchase through an outside vendor - we will arrange insurance for you. Contact the office for procedure and rates: Falkirk.rentals@cityofsanrafael.org or 415-485-3328


On your Falkirk Rental Aplication, the insurance requirement is in the middle of the page. Select either "will provide own insurance", or "would like to purchase insurance."